Friday, September 16, 2011

Pride Comes Before the Sprained Ankle

…which then leads to the fall.

Events occurred on the night of Monday 9-12-2011

Days after the events in my last post happened, I sprained my ankle pretty bad well playing ball.  I remember having been happy about how strong my ankles were feeling, a sensation I haven’t grown too accustomed to since having sprained my ankle awhile back.  I felt as if these types of problems were behind me.  That was before today.  That was before this:


I was playing a few games and didn’t feel great.  Something was off throughout all the games.  I felt a step slower and as if my reaction timing was off.  I should have rested this day.  After my knees and ankles had already begun to bark pretty loud, I figured one more game would be enough for the day.  During that last game, I jumped up and when I stopped coming down, my ankle didn’t.  It twisted and had the same terrible crunch I remember hearing/feeling that night a few years ago after the symphony, a horrible, grinding and scrunching of organic cogs in the machine of my ankle. 

Right after falling, and releasing a barbaric howl which echoed throughout campus, everyone on the court clustered around and two stepped forward to bring me over to a bench with the purpose of having me prop up my injury.  After getting ice, one of my helpers got the front desk staff to check me out, who then got H.E.R.U. (Hopkins Emergency Response Unit, pronounced “hero”), who then had security drive me home. 

I lay this out in such detail to highlight the helpfulness of my fellow players and the amazing service Hopkins showed me.  These fellas I haven’t known for so long helped me out and some even came over to sit with me and pass the time.  That was bomb.  Of course, I did get injured on their property and they were probably libel for injuries sustained in their facility, Hopkins took care of me.  All those different checks, then dropping me off at home…win!

Speaking of which, I watched my team finish the game.  They lost.  After having my ankle get thrashed by circumstances (losing), I watched my team get beat (losing x2).  Uggh

Here is picture from the day of this posting:

1 comment:

  1. So I definitely saw the report that a student sprained their ankle at the gym...of course it's someone I know. #facepalm #<3

    ReplyDelete